Become a Speaker
Show us what you got
Share your innovative solution with our audience
YIDP Convention is solution focussed known to bridge the gap of youth employment and health in Africa. The future of youth depend on now! This is an interractive convention with decision makers and professional experts which involves unique insights and draws exciting conclusions about the future of youth in Africa. We are passionate about providing a platform for new ideas and disruptive minds.
So if you are a thought leader who shares our vision of informing, inspiring, and connecting with people who creating an impact in the society, we want to hear from you. Please follow the process below to apply as a speaker role at YIDP Convention 2023. Every submission is reviewed with our team.
Below are the Guidelines for Applicants
1. Our targetted Speaker?
– Founders with inspiring stories; sharing insights on the youth development journey.
– Influencers who are challenging the norms in the community
– Industry titans and community change makers executives shaping and transforming youth lives.
– Agency and consultant speakers may be considered for earned speaking opportunities. We do request that these speakers are proposed with a client co-speaker.
2. What are the Youth Challenges and Solutions you would want to share?
– Make sure your theme is a fit with our audience. Overall, your session should be inspirational, actionable, and educational.
– Think about why your solutions to the youth challenges matter, the impact or value it provides the audience, and how the idea can be replicated in Africa. Consider what you want people to take away from your talk. Is your goal to provide solutions, inspire, motivate, or raise awareness?
– A limited number of sponsor speaking roles are possible for more solutions-focused sessions. Let us know in the application if you’d like to learn more.
3. Suggested Topics for YIDP Convetion
– We receive a lot of applications each day, so please make sure to be clear and comprehensive. Here’s your chance to let us know the solutions you can bring to YIDP Convention.
– We have a team of full content editorial discretion on the agenda. Make sure that your suggested topic is in line with our agenda. Should your topic be selected, you will work together with our team to bring out the best of your content.
4. When to submit
Please note the convention will be an interractive session not presentation. You will be required to accompany team of like minded experts, decision makers among others in the plenary. We are currently accepting submissions for YIDP Convention 2023 (The deadline is on March 20th, 2023 ).
Make sure to read the final printout before submitting it.
- All speakers who earned speaking roles receive a complimentary speaker pass plus a free guest pass.
- We do not pay a speaker fee but we can discuss barter.
- When selected, the costs covering the logistics (travel, accommodation, etc.), if any, are covered by the speakers themselves.
- Content has to be original or significantly updated and customized for the YIDPC audience.
- Each session can have a maximum of one person per organization (we like collaborations and different views).
- Successful proposals are chosen based on the proposed idea and speakers suggested. Changes in subject or speakers have to go through the content team and may lead to the cancelation of the session.
- Spaces are limited and some proposals may be offered a slot in a different format or stage than originally applied for.
- Once offers are accepted, and speaker and session content have been confirmed, we will add the session to the event agenda. We may list the speaker as a confirmed speaker on the speaker page in advance of finalizing the speaker details.
Great, welcome to the panel team of experts!